Friday, February 11, 2011

Free From Anxiety


I have been reading “10 Smart Things Gay Men Can Do to Find Real Love” and its great.  Its addressing so many issues I have had about being gay, that I feel really calm after reading it.  One reason for being anxious about being gay is I was brought up in very conservation Christian house hold where they basically say gay people won’t make it into heaven.  So in keeping an open mind I decided to research what Catholic Doctrine has to say about gay people and gay marriage, to try to understand all the negativity I have been exposed to.  We’ll basically I found a site called Catholic Answers dot com, I’m not sure if its Catholic Church approved as the answers seemed cumbersome, so I would have expected some more sophistication for an official site.  It made me feel anxious again as there were statements such as “the gay life style will never be excepted because it is fundamentally against Gods natural laws” blah blah blah.  When reading their answers against “10 Things” I have decided that “10 Things” has a higher truth.  If Catholic doctrine is supposed to be well intentioned and showing the true path etc etc, I think their philosophies as flawed.  The obsession that all sexual activity can only be in Marriage and then must be open to children, reeks of people who can’t handle shades of gray and need everything to be black and white and anyone who doesn’t fit in their view of what the world should be, then they are wrong, not their own philosophies.  Has anyone ever stopped and thought is there a reason why people are made gay? Like maybe God wants gay people on earth? That we are not a mistake?  ATM the Catholic view is that some great trauma has made people gay, and through pray and healing they can be restored to how God wants everyone to be, straight.  Well I was starting to bye this theory for a little bit, because I could see a lot of trauma in my life to do with my father, and my gay friends have trauma with their Fathers as well.  But after a little while and reading some more of “10 Things” I was starting to feel good about myself again and you know what for the first time in my life I want to be gay.  I couldn’t care less if I hadn’t been traumatized but shitty parents, I would love to make a life with a man.  And now that I’m at this place, I feel free to really choose my sexuality, because now that I don’t care if I’m gay or not I feel no pressure to be straight, what will be will be.
-          If gay is a choice, then when did you choose to be straight?-
-          If AIDS is Gods punishment for gay life style, then lesbians who have the lowest AIDS rate of any group, must Gods chosen people right? –
Gay men were originally hardest hit by the AIDS virus because when there are 2 male sex drives sex is what we use to get to know each other.  Women use language and feelings, so I guess there isn’t a disease that’s spread by talking about your feelings is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment